Saturday 13 February 2010

Assembling plastic Junkers

So, when I started this project last weekend, I began by assembling some of the plastic Junkers.
I took pictures of the progress during my first one.

To start, the sprue


Top to bottom, Left to right these are
Backpacks x 2
Guns x 2
Legs x 2
Heads x 3 (2 Legionary, 1 Sergeant)
Shoulder guards x 4
Knives x 2
Arms x 2 (2 left, 2 right)
Battleshield x 2
Torso x 4 (2 fronts, 2 backs)

I worked on one part at a time, beginning with the legs


Then stuck the torso halves together


Then the torso went onto the body and attached one of the heads (all of these will be Legionaries, as I have a seperate Sergeant & Enforcer to lead them)


Assembled the gun arm...you have to cut the handle from the gun to attach to their hand


Stuck the gun arm to the torso, as well as the shield arm, then attached the shoulder guards (this was the trickiest part)


Finally, attached the backpack and job done...


The shields will go on after I've painted the body.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks for the pictures of the construction phase and the plastics themselves! The Scotia websites ones arent that great to be honest and its good to see them properly!

    Are you planning on converting any of them or using them as is?

    ReplyDelete